That guy who writes code with a steno machine. Currently working at SHOEBOX, an awesome high-tech hearing company.
Enthusiastic about tech that has a big impact on improving people's quality of life. Programming is a passion; simple and elegant code is personal prority.
Open Source Developer
GitHub account morinted.
Maintaining Plover extends beyond just the repository. I am involved in the Open Steno project, which has included managing a Discord server, developing websites, managing social network relations, giving talks at conferences, and more.
August 2015 to present
- React-Redux technology lead.
- Strong pull to motivate team and continually improve daily processes.
- Sprint management through Jira.
- Set standards for RFC's and in-depth code reviews through GitHub.
Mobile Application Developer, Co-op
May 2014 to April 2015
Built a mobile application for mobile transactions using the Ionic framework.
- Created a mobile application in Ionic with a team, and carried it through
design, development, and into user acceptance testing.
- Practiced test driven development with an end-to-end and unit test suite to
ensure that the application was always customer-ready.
- Performed and received code reviews using Gerrit, tracked issues and development goals with Atlassian Jira.
aided in selecting candidates.
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
GCMS Automated Tester, Co-op
May 2013 to August 2013
- Redesigned the test-running Java GUI to be more concise by replacing free-form text inputs with a real form.
- Automated the running of the regression test suite which was previously executed and recorded manually.
- Created VBA macro-enabled Excel spreadsheets to automate manual tasks that the team had been assigned.
Computer Technician and Sales
July 2011 to May 2016
- Built, sold, diagnosed, and repaired PCs.
- Wrote Node.js, AutoHotKey, and VBA (Excel) scripts for various in-store
tasks, such as verifying that a product existed on the store website.
- Comfortable on GNU/Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Adept with terminal Git.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and GitHub Issues for issue tracking in Agile environments.
- Frequent use Gerrit and GitHub Pull Request system for code reviews.
- Favorite developer tools include VSCode, Atom Editor, Sublime Text, Sublime Merge, IBM Eclipse,
and IDEA products such as PyCharm, WebStorm, and IntelliJ.
- Kinda crazy about using Markdown for everything I can.
- Practicing real-time machine stenography using Plover. I write text and program with my steno machine.
- Writing an open source textbook to teach others stenography: Art of Chording.
- Building and programming custom keyboards, with interest in the mechanical keyboard community.
- Playing card games and collecting playing cards.
- Typing in the Norman keyboard layout, an efficient alternative to QWERTY.
- Natural movement and minimal footwear.
- Foraging edible wild plants.
- Learning Japanese for fun.
- Yo-yos are pretty cool.
BASc in Software Engineering, CO-OP
University of Ottawa
2012 to December 2016
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship
- Dean's Honor Role list
- CGPA of 8.8/10 (around 3.8/4)
Please email for more contact information and