That guy who writes code with a steno machine. Currently working at SHOEBOX, an awesome high-tech medical startup.
A University of Ottawa Software Engineering graduate, with a
strong interest in web technologies and applications of technology for
Enthusiastic about the industry, and excited to work
on projects that have a big impact on people's lives.
Programming is a
passion. Clean, efficient, and understandable code is personally important,
regardless of the project or language. Prefers working with a team in a
position that allows for growth, learning, and leadership.
Open Source Developer
An open source contributor on GitHub account
Maintaining Plover extends beyond just the repository. I am involved in the Open Steno project, which has included managing a Discord server, developing websites, managing social network relations, giving talks at conferences, and more. I am currently writing an open source textbook to teach others stenography: Art of Chording.
React tribe lead
August 2015 to present
- React-Redux technology lead.
- Strong pull to motivate team and continually improve daily processes.
- Sprint management through Jira.
- Code reviews with Gerrit.
Mobile Application Developer
May 2014 to April 2015
Built a mobile application for mobile transactions using the Ionic framework.
- Created a mobile application in Ionic with a team, and carried it through
design, development, and into user acceptance testing.
- Practiced test driven development with an end-to-end and unit test suite to
ensure that the application was always customer-ready.
- Performed and received code reviews using Gerrit, tracked issues and development goals with Atlassian Jira.
aided in selecting candidates.
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
GCMS Automated Tester
May 2013 to August 2013
- Redesigned the test-running Java GUI to be more concise by reducing clutter
and predicting user action.
- Automated the running of the regression test suite using an AutoHotKey script
to retrieve tests from a queue held on the intranet, then running the tests on
up to seven computers at once. This reduced the time it took to run a
regression test of a build to half of that of a manual run, and only required
one member of the team.
- Created VBA macro-enabled Excel spreadsheets to automate manual tasks that the
team had been assigned.
Computer Technician and Sales
July 2011 to May 2016
- Build, sell, diagnose, and repair Windows PCs.
- Write scripts in Node.js, AutoHotKey, and VBA (Excel) for various in-store
tasks, such as verifying that a product exist on the store website.
- Comfortable on GNU/Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Adept with terminal Git.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and GitHub Issues for issue tracking.
- Frequent use Gerrit and GitHub Pull Request system for code reviews.
- Favorite developer tools include VSCode, Atom Editor, Sublime Text, IBM Eclipse,
and IDEA products such as PyCharm, WebStorm, and IntelliJ.
- Kinda crazy about Markdown for everything I can.
- Practicing real-time machine stenography using Plover. I code with my steno machine.
- Building and programming custom keyboards, with interest in the mechanical keyboard community.
- Playing card games and collecting playing cards.
- Typing in the Norman keyboard layout, an efficient alternative to QWERTY.
- Flying and building quadcopters.
- Creating style sheets to redesign websites for personal use.
- Yo-yos are cool.
BASc in Software Engineering, CO-OP
University of Ottawa
2012 to December 2016
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship
- Dean's Honor Role list
- CGPA of 8.8/10 (around 3.8/4)
Please email for more contact information and