I'm that guy who writes code with a steno machine. Currently working at SHOEBOX, an awesome high-tech company that wants to democratize hearing health care.
Enthusiastic about tech that has a big impact on improving people's quality of life. Programming is a passion; simple and elegant code is personal priority.
My latest interests are remote-first and documentation-first organizations.
- Testing Library
GitHub account morinted.
August 2015 to present
- Strong pull to motivate team and continually improve daily processes, helping set standards around the transition to remote work.
- Lead learning meetings organized around online video courses.
- Sped up code review life-cycle by half in GitHub through a process with a pull request checklist.
Mobile Application Developer, Co-op
May 2014 to April 2015
Built a mobile application for mobile transactions using the Ionic framework.
- Created a mobile application in Ionic with a team, and carried it through
design, development, and into user acceptance testing.
- Practiced test driven development with an end-to-end and unit test suite to
ensure that the application was always customer-ready.
- Performed and received code reviews using Gerrit, tracked issues and development goals with Atlassian Jira.
aided in selecting candidates.
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
GCMS Automated Tester, Co-op
May 2013 to August 2013
- Redesigned the test-running Java GUI to be more concise by replacing free-form text inputs with a real form.
- Automated the running of the regression test suite which was previously executed and recorded manually.
- Created VBA macro-enabled Excel spreadsheets to automate manual tasks that the team had been assigned.
Computer Technician and Sales
July 2011 to May 2016
- Built, sold, diagnosed, and repaired PCs.
- Wrote Node.js, AutoHotKey, and VBA (Excel) scripts for various in-store
tasks, such as verifying that a product existed on the store website.
- Comfortable on GNU/Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- A go-to expert in the office for Git.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and GitHub Issues for issue tracking in Agile environments.
- Frequent use Gerrit and GitHub Pull Request system for code reviews.
- Favorite developer tools include Visual Studio Code, Atom Editor, Sublime Text, Sublime Merge, IBM Eclipse, and IDEA products such as PyCharm, WebStorm, and IntelliJ.
- Kinda crazy about using Markdown for everything I can (including this resume).
- Practicing real-time machine stenography using Plover. I write text and program with my steno machine.
- Writing an open source textbook to teach others stenography: Art of Chording.
- Pickleball—the most accessible raquet sport that I'm happy to play with everyone.
- Building and programming custom keyboards, with interest in the mechanical keyboard community.
- Playing card games and collecting playing cards.
- Typing in the Norman keyboard layout, an efficient alternative to QWERTY.
- Natural movement and minimal footwear.
- Foraging edible wild plants and gardening.
- Learning Japanese for fun.
- Yo-yos and the spinning of them!
- Other movement modalities I enjoy are Ultimate Frisbee, Slacklining, running, and skateboarding.
BASc in Software Engineering, CO-OP
University of Ottawa
2012 to December 2016
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship
- Dean's Honor Role list
- CGPA of 8.8/10 (around 3.8/4)
Please email for more contact information and