A University of Ottawa co-op student studying to be a software engineer, with a
strong interest in web technologies and applications of technology for
accessibility purposes. Enthusiastic about the industry, and excited to work
on projects that have a big impact on people's lives. Programming is a
passion. Clean, efficient, and understandable code is personally important,
regardless of the project or language. Prefer working with a team in a
position that allows for growth and learning.
Open Source Developer
An open source contributor on GitHub account
- Current lead developer for Plover, open source stenography software written in Python.
- Original projects include:
- a schedule generator for the University of Ottawa. This Java project used
a UML code generator for its core data structures, has a Swing/AWT GUI,
draws on a Canvas, and uses a client/server architecture. The web scraping
component is made up of two Python scripts. One is a selenium web-driver
job that explores the uOttawa website to grab all the course names, and
the second is a multi-threaded script to grab the course
details, and parses the data with Beautiful Soup and RegEx.
- Bozzy, a stenographic dictionary reader written in Scala, as a fourth
year capstone project.
Full Stack Developer
August 2015 to present
- Work on a Java server that interfaced with AWS in order to support a cloud-based application.
- Select a technology and build a front-end portal for each of Clearwater's products. The React-Redux portals saw a quick startup and get rapidly updated and released.
- Sprint management was done through Jira, and code reviews with Gerrit.
Mobile Application Developer
May 2014 to April 2015
Built a mobile application for mobile transactions using the Ionic framework.
- Created a mobile application in Ionic with a team, and carried it through
design, development, and into user acceptance testing.
- Practiced test driven development with an end-to-end and unit test suite to
ensure that the application was always customer-ready.
- Performed and received code reviews using Gerrit, tracked issues and development goals with Atlassian Jira.
aided in selecting candidates.
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
GCMS Automated Tester
May 2013 to August 2013
- Redesigned the test-running Java GUI to be more concise by reducing clutter
and predicting user action.
- Automated the running of the regression test suite using an AutoHotKey script
to retrieve tests from a queue held on the intranet, then running the tests on
up to seven computers at once. This reduced the time it took to run a
regression test of a build to half of that of a manual run, and only required
one member of the team.
- Created VBA macro-enabled Excel spreadsheets to automate manual tasks that the
team had been assigned.
Computer Technician and Sales
July 2011 to May 2016
- Build, sell, diagnose, and repair Windows PCs.
- Write scripts in Node.js, AutoHotKey, and VBA (Excel) for various in-store
tasks, such as verifying that a product exist on the store website.
- Comfortable on GNU/Linux, Windows, and OS X.
- Adept with terminal Git.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and GitHub Issues for issue tracking.
- Frequent use Gerrit and GitHub Pull Request system for code reviews.
- Favorite developer tools include Atom Editor, Sublime Text, IBM Eclipse,
and IDEA products such as PyCharm, WebStorm, and IntelliJ.
- Use of Markdown with export via Pandoc for near all text work.
- Practicing real-time machine stenography using Plover.
- Building and programming custom keyboards.
- Typing in the Norman keyboard layout, an efficient alternative to QWERTY.
- Flying and building custom quadcopters.
- Creating style sheets to redesign websites for personal use.
BASc in Software Engineering, CO-OP
University of Ottawa
2012 to December 2016 (expected)
- Currently in fourth year
- University of Ottawa Admission Scholarship
- Current CGPA of 8.8/10 (3.8/4)
Please email for more contact information and